S14 Pre-Season News #2Posted on September 07, 2012 at 12:04 am |
The season starts in a couple of days. Are you pumped yet?! You better be! We’re more pumped than a gym full of bodybuilders!
Here are a couple of quick reminders to get ready for the best three months of your life.
- Waivers are up and ready! All S14 players must sign their waivers before they are allowed to play in our league. We will have waiver checks at different gyms throughout the season and any players that have not signed their waivers will be turned away.
- Exhibition Week registration information has been posted! We have Dodgeball 101 for the newer players and Vet’s Night for the grizzled veterans. Please ensure that you sign up at least 48 hours before the event. Gym locations are subject to change.
- Week 1 begins on Monday, September 10th. League schedules for Week 1 to Week 3 will be posted during Exhibition Week.
- At VDL, we have awards for the top dodgeball teams in the “most spirited” and “best dressed” categories. Photo Week will be taking place on Week 3 (October 1-4) so start thinking of team uniforms to leave an impression on and off the courts. Get some inspiration by browsing through our VDL Gallery.
- VDL runs on peer-reffing so our league is a much better place when everybody knows the rules. Please take a couple of minutes to familiarize yourselves with VDL’s Rules, League Policies, Player Code of Conduct, and Officiating Guidelines. If you absorb more knowledge by watching rather than reading, check out the IDA rules video below.
That just about wraps it up. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the Comments section below or approach a VDL exec at the gyms. GET PUMPED!